Thursday, December 06, 2012

Case Study Week #1

Hello everyone! How is your week is going? I'm sitting here at 11:17 pm wondering how it got to be Thursday afternoon evening almost Friday already?

I'm honored to be the Muse for December over at Case Study Challenge Blog. If you've never been over to Case Study, its defiantly worth the click over. Every week the Case Study Design Team cases a card from their guest designer (aka Muse) and they always invite their readers to join in and link up as well. The thing I love most about this challenge blog is the awesome talent that they have on their design team.  They create stunning and smart cards week after week! Its very cool and inspirational:)

So here is the card that Case Study choose for as inspiration for week #1. (You can see my original post HERE to see how I created it).

... and the fun part... I get to play along too! So being that it is now holiday time, I thought I'd use my card as inspiration to make a holiday card. Tis the season:)

The inspiration for my original card is based on the technique of embossing with craft dies. I've always been a fan of embossing & love that die templates are so versatile that you can use them to create embossed patterns, as well as cuts on cards. So I took the technique, grabbed my favorite holiday die template and here you have my new card to share with you all!


The best part about using die templates to emboss is that you have a beautifully textured card that is flat enough to mail. Perfect for all of those holiday cards!

So what do you think? Want to play along and show us how my Embossed Birthday card inspires you? Just click on over to Case Study to check it out!

Hugs & much love! Windy

3 comments:

Quietfire said...

Ahhh, beautifully done! Makes my heart sing!

JRABS -Jennifer Snyder said...

LOVE this clean elegant card. I just love it. so fresh feeling compared to my often inked, painted, pasted and punched work. I am in LOVE.

Anonymous said...

Totally gorgeous!! Pat Kinkaid