Monday, June 17, 2013

Sending Hugs!

Hi Friends! 

Stopping by today to share a card that I created for Simon Says Stamp's blog. Thanks Simon for inviting me to play & share with you:) 

Here's what I created for them using October Afternoon's Farm Girl collection. They always have such fun prints for summer crafting.

I was inspired by a floral print oil cloth bag that I dug out of the closet the other day. On this card I tried  to create an oil cloth effect… so here it is. 
Its is hard to see the shine from this photo so here's a detail that shows it better.
Instructions:
1) Make card base from kraft cardstock. Add yellow dot patterned paper to face of card as pictured.
2) Cut floral patterned paper slightly smaller that yellow dot paper. Distress edges with Antique Linen Distress Paint & allow to dry. 
3) Cover entire surface of floral patterned paper with a layer of Diamond Glaze & allow to dry. Sew piece to face of card with a messy  double zig zag stitch.
4) Add horizontal kraft band to face of card. Make sentiment banner, painting edges with Antique Linen Distress Paint and adhere to card with dimensional adhesive.
5) To make flowers, cut patterned paper circles with Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles in desired sizes. Cut 3 sets of three circles in descending sizes. Cut petals with scissors.
Fold and add Distress Paint to create dimension. Layer circles to create flowers and adhere sequins to center with Diamond Glaze.
6) Cut/emboss kraft cardstock leaves with Spellbinders Foliage. Layer and adhere leaves and flowers on card.


3 comments:

Carol McCready said...

I saw this over at SSS Blog. I just
love all the dimension.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Ami

Anonymous said...

I feel this can be one in the this kind of a lot
vital information for me. And i am happy learning your write-up.
Nonetheless must commentary on few normal problems, The net site style is fantastic, the posts is
genuinely good : D. Just appropriate job, cheers

my web-site; weight loss plateau menstruation