Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Green Challenge



































Ok, so lately I have been addicted to Scrap N Style's site-- there are some very creative scrappers out their! Here are a few projects I made for their "Spring Green" challenge.  The gist of the challenge is to interpret the theme however you like--check out all of the creative projects derived from two words, "Spring Green" at the challenge gallery.

I can't help but think about how much stuff we throw away as scrapbookers. My goal this year is to be a bit more green when it comes to my scrapbooking--for instance, I now make it an initiative to find and support manufacturers that use recycled materials in their products; I consciously try to reuse and recycle parts of the packaging; and I find a use for just about every last scrap (why I have so many card nights:) that I would normally discard.  

Every component of my birdhouse is some sort of left over, scrap or something that has been repurposed instead of trashed. This project also has dual meaning because for my family there is nothing more exciting than putting out our birdhouse and yard toys when the weather gets warm-- sure sign of spring!

My scrapbook page is created with mostly product from one of my favorite manufacturers, Jillibean Soup-- I just love their paper, especially their kraft paper which is made from 100% recycled stock! Spring Green!

Thanks for stopping by-- have a great weekend everyone:)