Monday, January 11, 2010

Card and Page Monday... We LOVE Snow

Happy Monday everyone! A snow page to share today...very timely with the weather that most of us have been encountering lately. Yes, we LOVE snow around here... I know that sentiment isn't always the most popular when it is 3 degrees outside, but my kids and I have so much fun building "snowgirls" (daddy is so out numbered around here... he'd have to make four "snowboys" just to balance things out...ha ha). Anyway our snowgirl is always named Dora (Hadley's contribution:) It is all great fun and memories that I cherish..

After hours of exhausting snow play, Campbell drops down on the snow and I snapped this near angelic photo. If only she were always this peaceful:)

Some page details...


I used light pink tissue paper (recycled from Christmas), leftover patterned paper from the layout and a Sizzix die (thanks Lisa for that fun gift:) to make these super girly snowflakes. I love handmade embellies... don't you? Its the perfect finishing touch that truly customizes a page layout.

While working on this one, Campbell asked me to make her a card "just as pretty" as the scrapbook page that she could give to her sister. Since Hadley always calls Campbell "my friend, my best friend" I thought this card would be appropriate.

Thanks for visiting today. I hope you have a great week!

Products: patterned paper (Christmastime:Christmas Angel Flourish by Reminisce, Sugar Rush: Gummy Bears & Airhead by Basic Grey, Cupid: Hearts Bloom by Pink Paislee, Jolly by Golly: Silly Chilly by Cosmo Cricket); other paper (kraft by Paper Reflections); floss (white/DMC); thread (silver/Coats & Clark); ink (Chestnut Roan/Colorbox Chalk Ink), letter stickers (pink/Making Memories and white/GCD Studios); rub ons (White Eskimo Kisses/Basic Grey); glitter (Icicle Stickles) 

2 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful details on these creations! Your Campbell is adorable! You have a very inspirational blog.

Anonymous said...

These are all drop dead gorgeous!!