Friday, January 08, 2010

Reasons for Mail...The Best Thing to Be

Happy Friday Everyone! Just dropping by with this week's Reason for Mail... 

I think the most valuable thing that anyone can offer another person is the gift of friendship... it is a gift that doesn't cost money and transcends any means or status. So this week I will send this card to a woman... my dear friend who has come closer than any other person to being a sister to me. Do you have a friend like that? Tell her... send her a card:)


Inside reads: Thanks for being my friend... my best friend.
To create this card:
1) cut card from cardstock
2) fold and pleat cream and pink ribbon along bottom of card ( I used staples to hold the ribbon on the card)
3) a. hand cut patterned paper strip  b. adhere to card  c. sew along top with zig zag stitch
4) a. stamp sentiment on kraft b. hand cut banner  c. ink around edges  d. adhere to card  e. add button
Supplies:
Patterned paper: Imagine a Forest "Get the Camera" by My Little Shoebox
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics French Vanilla, Paper Reflections Kraft
Ribbon: Cream and Dusty Rose Decorative 7/8" Satin Ribbon by Hobby Lobby Inc.
Clear Stamps: Strictly Sentiments by Renaissance by Design
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber Hybrid Ink
Other: cream thread and pink button

I'll leave you with one of my favorite passages on friendship...
My friends have made the story of my life. In a thousand ways they have turned my limitations into beautiful privileges, and enabled me to walk serene and happy in the shadow cast by my deprivation.
-Helen Keller

Isn't that beautiful? So true of friendship, so universal. Thanks for visiting & have a wonderful weekend:)

4 comments:

Papier Creatif said...

Hi Windy!

Thanks for visiting! Oh! I sooo wish you'd do a book! And wish you were into digital, I know you'd be FABULOUS! I love all your projects so much!

This is a very sweet card! Love it!

{xoxo}

Juls~

Courtney Baker said...

WOw this is so cute! I love it all!

Heather said...

This is adorable. I love those colors together.

Unknown said...

So lovely and love the passage!!! You make the most beautiful cards!!! Thanks for the inspiration!