Monday, July 20, 2009

Go Bold and Simple

So I printed these pictures off for a layout that I was going to do for Scrap, Paper, Scissors and they just didn't work. I love these two pictures of the girls (both aged 24 months) and left them out on my desk in hopes that I'd stumble on something that would be a good fit for them... did I stumble... at 11:45 EST, I happened upon GCD Studio's "Go Bold and Simple" contest. The premise is to mix things up and go bold and simple. That is a hard one for me. I'm not usually bold and hardly ever simple. So I decided to do one last layout before bed.

I used GCD's Provence collection. To make it quick I cut my photos as one with a thin white border so I could just adhere it all down at once. I traced a large BoBunny chipboard letter on a patterned paper (I only had a four so I traced it and hand cut the two to match). Added a couple of scrap letters for mo... and I'm finished. I just wanted to remember my daughter's cute little faces at 24 months... that look of ratty hair and dirty little hands after playing hard outside on a hot day... playing without regard, restraint or hesitation.

Here's to being bold and simple!
Windy

1 comment:

GCD Studios said...

Great job mixing pattern papers :)