Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom- A Little Love for Our Grandfathers

With Father's Day coming up, I thought I'd pay a little love to my dad. Here is a layout that I will always cherish... it shows how his love spoils my daughter and how happy he makes her, inspiring her to dance, laugh, pretend... sing. What a wonderful thing! I know how lucky we are that we have him in our life.

Journaling reads: "Just living is not enough," said the butterfly. "One must have a little sunshine, a little freedom and a little flower." - Hans Christian Anderson
It was love at first sight, Grandpa hit a bulls eye in your heart when he gave you this purple butterfly dress. Once you put it on I didn't think you would ever take it off (you even wore it to bed the first night you had it). All I could think about was how I was going to wash those well worn butterfly wings.

I need to scrap a few more layouts with my girls and their grandpas-- perhaps that will be my goal for this week. Here are a few quotes about grandpas/grandfathers that might inspire a layout for you.

Great fathers get promoted to grandfathers. - Unknown

A grandpa is someone you never outgrow your need for. -Unknown

The baby is not yet born, and yet you say that his nose is like his grandfather's. - Indian Proverb

Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its grandfathers. - Lewis Mumford
A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. - Unknown

Thanks for stopping by! See you all again soon:)
Windy

Products: all paper (Basic Grey), jewels (Prima), ribbon (Luxe Designs), chipboard *Technique Tuesday), other (vellum, Judikins Diamond Glaze)

No comments: