Monday, March 02, 2009

Paper Purse

Hello, a few of you have asked for the pattern for the purse posted below. Here it is along with a few photos of it's creation. I hope this helps, if not email me and I'll walk you through it.
Purse's body/strap--flap/decorative band--sides    
(red lines are scored lines)

Here are a few more things made with Jillibean Soup product. I really like the look of kraft paper (especially on scrapbook layouts as seen in yesterday's layout). I'm going to have to do a little research to see if I can buy it in bulk.


This is a great mother/daughter project (anyone planning the Mother's Day tea at your daughter's school?). I remember making these as a kid with construction paper and tape (my, how have things changed) and I now love making them for my girls to play with (Campbell and Hadley are only one & three, so they love playing with them but are a bit too young to make them yet).


In some ways I am very economical when I scrap, because I don't always buy all of the fancy embellishments. I often grab an extra sheet of patterned paper (especially if it has great designs on it like this butterfly) and simply cut out the features on the paper (ie. butterflies, flowers, etc.) to use as embellishments. Add a little Judikins diamond glaze and no one would ever know its just a piece of paper:)

Isn't it fun to use little photos on cards or invitations? Its kind of like a mini-scrapbook page:)

No comments: