Friday, October 15, 2010

Doily Flowers

Hello! Its Windy here today with a technique for making flowers form doilies... I'm always inspired by all of the mums that are so beautiful during this time of the year and thought I'd try to make some mum-like flowers of my own...
Patterned paper, brads, button and border strips (Artsy Urban collection), word strips (Homespun Chic collection), doilies (My Little Yellow Bicycle), ribbon (Michaels Stores Inc), spray inks (Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels), kraft cardstock (ANW Crestwood)

To create these flowers:
1) start by cutting the center circle out of the doily
2) fold and pleat doily and adhere onto cardstock disc
3) add several layers
4) color with glimmer mist, dry and add brad as your flower center
And an idea for a second card...
Patterned paper (Christmas Sleigh collection); brads, button and border strips (Artsy Urban collection); word strips (Homespun Chic collection); doilies (My Little Yellow Bicycle); ribbon (Michaels Stores Inc); spray inks (Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels); kraft cardstock (ANW Crestwood)

Take care!

2 comments:

Tessa Buys said...

So very pretty! I love the colors :).

Marianne said...

The paper flower is fantastic!
Congratulation!
I love very much paper things and that is a good idea.
Thank you very much!
Marianne