Spellbinders Paper Arts
Get the Knowledge! Blog Frenzy
July 6 - 14, 2011
Welcome to the ninth day of the Spellbinders Paper Arts
Get the Knowledge! Blog Frenzy!
Spellbinders™ Paper Arts’ is absolutely thrilled to bring you one of the most exciting die releases to date! These new collections are some of the most innovated and beautiful die templates in the world! The Get the Knowledge! Blog Frenzy allows you a sneak peek of the products we’re introducing at the Craft and Hobby Association trade show later this month.
- Win today’s new Spellbinders die templates!
- Be eligible to win the Grand Prize by entering each day (see schedule below)!
- One entry per person, per blog please, on the designated days!
- Each blog will accept entries for 48 hours!
- You have from 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time July 14, 2011 to 12:01 a.m. July 16, 2011 enter my contest. See the Official Rules.
- Today you can enter my contest and Holly Simoni's contest.
Thank you, Spellbinders Paper Arts, for sponsoring this contest!
Before I share my projects and new product releases take a look at these two brand new videos that show you the nearly endless creative possibilities that you will have when you mix and match the Edgers and Decorative Inserts from Spellbinders Paper Art's new Edgeabilities die templates.
(If the embedded video is not showing up for you, HERE is a link on YouTube.)
(If the embedded video is not showing up for you, HERE is a link on YouTube.)Pretty neat, huh? And what amazing cards Judy Hayes made using the Edgeabilities die templates for that Edgeabilities How to Techniques video! You can see and download the instructions for those cards at the Spellbinder's blog. Don't forget that you can also follow along with winner announcements there too!
Today I’m thrilled to share two projects using S4-334 2011 Heirloom Ornaments and a die template set that is a part of the NEW Samantha Walker Design Series: S5-071 Twisted Metal Tags and Accents. Here is my first project, Peace Card.
1) Make card to measure 5 1/2 x 5 1/2” from kraft cardstock. Cut black cardstock mat that measures 5 1/16 x 5 1/16”. Cut red cardstock square that measures 4 7/8 x 4 7/8”.
2) Using Spellbinder’s new Edgeabilities die templates cut border strips that are 4 7/8 (or longer) x 2” in width. For this project I used Edgers from E8-001 Classic Scallop, E8-003 Classic Triple Scallop, and E8-006 Classic Petal. Repeat so you have two of each design or six total border strips.
3) Select a mix of Decorative Inserts from the Edgeabilities die templates to create six different border strips.
For this card I choose the Decorative Inserts from E8-003 Classic Triple Scallop, E8-004 Classic Ric Rac, E8-005 Classic Postage Stamp, and E8-006 Classic Petal.
4) Cut and emboss all border strips with selected Decorative Inserts.
5) Starting from the bottom of your red cardstock square, layer decorative border strips.
Adhere all strips to card, trimming off any excess part of strip that hangs over the edge of the square.
6) Adhere red square to black mat and then to face of card.
7) Cut and emboss Woodland Fantasy patterned paper with S4-334 2011 Heirloom Ornaments #5. Also cut F-014 Delicate Pastels Premium Craft Foil in Gold and Winter Branches patterned paper with the die templates from S5-071 Twisted Metal Tags pictured below.
8) Make certain cutting edge of die template is up facing up toward the cutting plate and desired side of selected paper or foil is facing down toward the base plate (as pictured below) when using the Grand Calibur™ machine.
9) Ink all die cuts (including foil die cuts). Use dark brown ink for the dark red patterned paper and chestnut roan for all other pieces.
10) Adhere foil bracket to face of ornament with a wet tacky adhesive. Adhere other pieces together with foam adhesive.
11) Print sentiment on cardstock and place behind small metal tag. Adhere all elements to face of card with foam adhesive.
Here are the new products I introduced:
S4-334 2011 Heirloom Ornaments
1. 5/8 x 5/8"
2. 1 1/2 x 1 3/8"
3. 2 1/2 x 2 3/8"
4. 3 5/8 x 3 1/2"
5. 4 3/4 x 4 3/4"
S5-071 Twisted Metal Tags and Accents
1. 2 x 5/8"
2. 2 x 1 1/4"
3. 3 7/8 x 1/2"
4. 3 7/8 x 1 3/4"
1. 1 3/4 x 1 5/8"
2. 1 3/8 x 2 1/2"
3. 4 x 3 7/8"
Are you ready for another idea for using S4-334 2011 Heirloom Ornaments and S5-071 Twisted Metal Tags and Accents? How about this little ornament…
My contest is open for entries from 12:01 a.m. July 14 2011, to 12:01 a.m. July 16, 2011 Eastern Standard Time.
1) Send your email entry to: Reveal17@spellbinders.us (either click the link or type the address into your email program)
2) The subject must be 2011 Heirloom Ornaments and Twisted Metal Tags and Accents
Here are all of the Designers and their contest dates:
Daily contest winners will receive an email within 24 hours of the contest’s closing. The winners will have 72 hours to reply to that email to claim prize. If a winner fails to respond within 72 hours, a new winner will be drawn.
To be eligible for the Grand Prize, enter each contest within its designated time period. Use the same email address to send the entry email. The Grand Prize has a retail value of over $1400, and includes the complete Spellbinders line of die templates released at the 2011 Summer CHA show, and a Grand Calibur™ Die Cutting and Embossing Machine!
I love your comments! Unfortunately your comment does not count towards a contest entry, so be sure to enter (above, see To Enter section) and then leave a comment here on my blog!
If you have any questions, please e-mail ContestQuestions@Spellbinders.us
Thank you for visiting and good luck!!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Supply List for Card
Spellbinder’s Die Templates (S4-334 2011 Heirloom Ornaments, S5-071 Twisted Metal Tags & Accents, E8-001 Classic Scallop, E8-003 Classic Triple Scallop, E8-004 Classic Ric Rac, E8-005 Classic Postage Stamp, E8-006 Classic Petal); Tool: Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ machine; Foil (F-014 Delicate Pastels Premium Craft Foils by Spellbinders); cardstock (kraft, brick and blackberry swirl by Bazzill Basics Paper); patterned paper (Woodland Fantasy: Once Upon a Springtime collection by Graphic 45 and Winter Branches: Holly Jolly collection by My Mind’s Eye); chalk ink (chestnut roan and dark brown by Clearsnap); adhesives (Zip Dry Paper Glue by Beacon and 3D Foam Squares by SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L); other: (black satin ribbon by American Crafts)
Supply List for Ornament
Spellbinder’s Die Templates (S4-334 2011 Heirloom Ornaments, S5-071 Twisted Metal Tags & Accents; Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ machine; foil (Precious Metals Premium Craft Foils by Spellbinders);