Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Vintage Gift Card Holder

Hello and happy Wednesday! Hopefully you are enjoying a little time off before Thanksgiving tomorrow. The girls and I plan on hanging out and watching the Curious George movie marathon that will be on PBS kids before heading out to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for Daddy to make his yummy dutch apple pie.

Today I'm up on the Paper Crafts Connection blog sharing this tri-fold gift card holder. You can hop on over to see it inside and out. While you are there be sure to leave a comment to be entered to win the collection I used, Anna Griffin's Twinkle Bright Christmas collection... its a beauty!
To create it, simply follow this pattern.
If flat, the whole thing fits into a standard A2 envelope. Because of the bulky embellishments, I'd place the one I created above in an A6 sized envelope (and when I mail cards like this, I stick them in a padded photo mailer).

Here are a few other cards that I made from Anna's collection...



With Thanksgiving one day away and so many wonderful holiday projects out there in the blogosphere, are you ready for the holidays yet? I hope so! 

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends! May it be filled with many blessings and great memories that you will hold dear for years to come:)

Products: all paper products (Anna Griffin Twinkle Bright Christmas collection by Anna Griffin), ribbon (Schiff Ribbons), buttons (Jenni Bowlin), doilies (Wilton), color medium (gold Perfect Pearls by Ranger), baker's twine (Divine Twine), bells (vintage).

8 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

I like your gift card, Windy! Thanks for the tutorial. I've been working on gift packaging myself lately.

POSH said...

Windy...I just LOVE your cards...they have this simple but oh-so-elegant,classy feel/look to them that just resonates with me...HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family!

Patti J said...

What a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing :) Can you tell me where to find CS in excess of 12"??? Thank you!!!

Helen L said...

I hopped over here from the Papercrafts blog to see your cards, and they are beautiful!! I've got to check back with you :-)

franzesjoi said...

beautiful cards!!! thank you for the tutorial :)i'm now your follower :)

~jan said...

All sorts of fabulousness! :)

Unknown said...

The white and the green ribbon give A NEW funky touch!!!!I think you can also change the image of your cards too!!!!!


clear cards
print loyalty card

Anonymous said...

There is no way, and I'm guessing I'm a slow learner, that I can do these cards. Even with the pattern, I'm not sure what I fold where.

They are beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

Lynne