Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Embossed Birthday

Hello all!

Thanks for stopping by today! I suspect that most of you are stopping over from the Paper Crafts Connection blog where I had a post up talking about all of the fun crafting holidays that are coming up in September alone. If not, you can check it out HERE if you like.

In my post, I shared a card that had some embossing on it that was created with metal dies. Here's a sneak of what the embossing looks like.

And as promised I have a quick tutorial today showing you how to use your dies to emboss only on a paper project.

1) Start by arranging your die templates on your paper. To create the sun's rays above, I layered four nesting die templates on a card stock rectangle and embossed with out cutting the shape out. Secure with a low tac (washi tape works wonderfully).
















2) Build sandwich using the embossing feature only on you die cutting machine.  On the Spellbinders™   Grand Calibur®  die cutting machine, you'll be using the base plate, embossing mat and embossing plate.

















3)  Run sandwich through machine.
















And that's it. Very simple and a great way to add texture to your project!
Variations: If you are embossing a pattern onto your paper using a single die, then you would run the die template through your machine multiple times to obtain a repeat pattern of the single die template.

Please let me know if you have any questions & have a lovely day!

Products used:

6 comments:

maria f. said...

I've yet to try this but you make it appear so simple. Beautiful effect. It makes for a perfect mat for your lovely blingy flowers.

bbsox55 said...

Will be trying this as soon as possible. Love this technique, can't wait to share with some friends. Thank you!

Colleen said...

This technique is great. Would you happen to know what plates you would use with the cuttlebug?

Susan said...

Can't wait to try this technique!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Windy. I am, indeed, stopping by from the Paper Crafts Connection post. I've stopped by many times, but am going to break my rule to NOT subscribe to any more blogs and make my next stop the subscribe link. I find so much to like here. Looking forward to more good ideas.

Kathy Mc said...

Windy, thanks for the tips on the best way to do this. Eager to try it!