Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Special Guest: Monica Bradford from Scrap Inspired


Hi! I’m Monica Bradford from scrapinspired.com and I’ve hijacked Windy’s blog today to share a little inspiration with you! Don’t worry Windy still has plenty of inspiration to share as well. In fact today she is over at my site with a gorgeous new card.

Why is she over there and I’m over here? Well today we have decided to do an inspiration blog swap. I have chosen one of Windy’s beautiful cards to inspire a scrapbook layout. And Windy chose one of my layouts to inspire a card. Fun right? So let the inspiration begin!


I was immediately drawn to Windy’s “Sending Hugs” card. I loved the bold colors combined with a Kraft background. I also loved the way Windy layered the papers and added a bit of stitching detail. And her use of a bold pattern combined with a bit of shine…stunning! Those elements were what I kept in mind as I began designing my layout.


After choosing which of Windy’s cards I wanted to use as my inspiration I went looking for photos that would work with that color palette. This recent shot of my boys with their cousins seemed like a perfect fit. I printed the photo out at 5x7 so that it would be the main focal point of my layout.

Of course I started with a kraft background and then went searching for some patterned papers. I knew I wanted to stick with the yellow color from Windy’s card but after that I just went with what I had in my stash. I even found a fun floral print, but since I’m scrapping my boys I kept the print small and as the background layer rather than placing it in the forefront.


Underneath the photo I used letter stickers to add my title and a saying. I just love how those clear letter stickers look like they are a part of the heart paper underneath!


This little kraft journaling card was a perfect way to bring some of the kraft color onto the front of the page, like Windy did in her card. And it was a great way to create space for my story so it wouldn’t have to compete with the busy background underneath.



I loved the way Windy’s card included so many little details such as the stitching, the sequins, and the overall shimmer. I added some of those details to my scrapbook layout in my own way. I too added stitching, and I brought in the shimmer by spraying the wood veneer pieces with some gold spray mist. Who says a boy page can’t have a bit of shine?!!

Thanks so much for letting me share with you today! I hope you enjoyed the inspiration blog swap. If you’d like to see more of what I do you can visit me at http://scrapinspired.com. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

I hope you have a wonderfully inspired day!

Monica

Products used on Layout:

3 comments:

britgirl58 said...

This is a great idea to swap inspirations! Love both the card and the layout. I am very happy for the tips about adapting the very pretty card to one suitable for boys!
Only thing is - I want to know more about the wonderful relationship the cousins have!TFS - Julie

Anonymous said...

Wow, double the inspiration, double the pleasure! I found the card on Pinterest and came to check this out. When I got here I found your wonderful page. I am a sucker for craft!

Seth said...

Talk about inspired. Love both of these. The stitching around the borders is the perfect finishing touch!