Friday, January 01, 2010

Scrap that Poetry Challenge # 7 Hope

Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wow, can you believe its 2010?? Not me, it seems like we were just preparing for the year 2000, and now we're 10 years past that ... what happened?? Anyway, its time for another installment of Scrap that Poetry... and I have to say, this one has been the most fun to play along with yet. This week's poem is Hope by Emily Dickinson. Here is the poem...


Hope is the thing with feathers 
That perches in the soul, 
And sings the tune--without the words, 
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard; 
And sore must be the storm 
That could abash the little bird 
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land, 
And on the strangest sea; 
Yet, never, in extremity, 
It asked a crumb of me.


Most of my reaction to this poem was verbal, so my design was based on my journaling. After reading the poem, I jotted down into my computer all of the thoughts that were racing in my head, organized them, and dropped them over a photo my daughter took in our backyard one evening (rainbow girl wanted a photo of the pretty pink sky;)... Voila, here's my layout... 

Journaling reads: Remember... do not destroy your child's HOPE... HOPE that is unbridled, wildly creative, and a force that can change the path for humankind. Do not destroy HOPE with a maelstrom of anger or negativity... HOPE exists everywhere... we are the only ones that can break the bird's wing and destroy HOPE in humankind. HOPE is a song that never ends as long as we do not let it. May HOPE (Peace, Santa, God... whatever you may call it) always be with you!
Some details...


I hope you play along this week! I'd love to see your work :)

Products: cardstock (Cream Linen & Java by ACW), kraft (Paper reflections), patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket), chipboard (K&Co.), pearls (Kaiser), die cuts (MME), alphabet stickers (Making Memories), glimmer mist and screen (Tattered Angels), border punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)

3 comments:

Jessica Wilson said...

Love your page!! It is beautiful! Love, Jess

Kim said...

Your HOPE page is gorgeous! I just love the bird. :)
Happy New Year!

Jane F. Smith said...

Beautiful LO Windy!!!!! love how you did the journaling over the photo!!