Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Trends from CHA

Hi all! Today I'm talking likes and trends from CHA over at Moxie Fab World. If you want to see the top 5 products that wowed me, head on over and take a look.

CHA is such a fun show to go to... I mean there is some serious talent and work that goes into all of the products that are made available to us throughout the year. We are so lucky that there are so many gorgeous things out there to inspire us to make beautiful memory projects, gifts and cards for our loved ones.

Over at Moxie Fab World, I got to share my 5 product picks form the show along with a project made from one of them. Here at my blog I'd like share a few of trends that piqued my interest & share a couple other projects incorporating one of those trends.

First up, I saw those little iconic female & male figures (you know... kind of like the restroom people) popping up everywhere.

Wood Veneer Pieces by Studio Calico
 Together 12x12 paper from Celebrate collection by Authentique
12 x12 Fundamental Cardstock Stickers from Fabulous collection by Simple Stories
Cute...huh? I love them, just trying to wrap my brain around how to make a classy card with them... however, I can envision some fun uses for scrapbooks & mini albums.

And strawberries... so cute and can be found in some really darling collections. Strawberry picking season is just a few months away here & with all of that great product hitting the stores, I might just get last year's photos scrapped before I have more. I can also see some really clever packaging or tags for anything I might can from my strawberry picking.

 Pretty Party collection by Crate Paper
Strawberry Jam from Country Charm collection by GCD Studio
Fun stuff, don't you think?

Ok, well its getting late so lastly I'd like to share a few links to some lovely Asian inspired collections.  From Basic Grey's Konnichiwa collection to My Little Shoebox's Aiko collection to Anna Griffin's Honoka collection... regardless of your style you are sure to find something you like if this trend is of interest to you.


I'll leave you with a couple cards that I've made with Ann Griffin's Honoka collection. As a classy girl, I just dig this collection. What I love most is that it is unique...  and the navy and the foiled papers are pretty fab too. The whole thing pretty much inspires me:)

So what trends have you seen out on the web or at CHA that have you inspired?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Windy,

I came over from Moxie Fab World to see your blog. You have been bookmarked.

I love Anna Griffin. Her Honoka collection looks so Anna.

Thanks for sharing.

Debbie

Tifany said...

Beautiful projects, Windy - and thanks for sharing more from CHA. I was there, but it still seems like I missed so much!

cjgusloff57 said...

I am amazed! I really, really like everything!