Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom- Favorite Quotes

On Wednesdays we are going to work our minds a bit--I'll post a great quote or a few good quotes for us to live by, scrap by (oftentimes quotes will be a stimulus for my scrapbook pages), ponder or just read and forget;) I am a lover of great quotes and try to share them on my cards and scrapbook pages. I think we can learn so much from quotes because they are reflections from different times, places and experiences that we will never have.  SO I look forward to sharing some of my favorites with you-- please discuss through comments and share your favorites as well.

My two absolute favorites:

You must be the change you wish to see in the world -Mahatma Gandhi
This a great quote because when I first think about it, it seems so universal-- like wow, wouldn't it be great to be a Barack Obama and get out there and change the world? I'd love to inspire that in my girls. But... lets be realistic. When you start to ponder it further you realize it is meaningful in a very livable, down to earth sense too-- one can always change the world by just making responsible and positive choices in our day-to-day encounters. 

This moment contains all moments -C.S. Lewis
This quote has always been one that has stuck in my mind, but never really was illuminated until I read Eckhart Tolle's book A New Earth. Now I think I understand the value of it-- we are only guarenteed this one moment that we are living in-- the past is gone, the future is not ours to really determine, so we have to be present for the people that we are with- it really is meaningful in terms of my marriage and kids. Don't be distracted or sweat the details. Enjoy the moment! Seize the day! 

(Don't forget to share you favorite quotes-- I'd love to learn from them and you!)

1 comment:

Destiny Martin said...

I personally love the anonymous quote, "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" Makes me think even the most outlandish goals are attainable. Like getting Jolie's scrapbook done. :) haha.