Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wisdom Wednesdays: Mothers

I have found that no kisses can ever compare to "mom" kisses, because mom kisses can heal anything. You can have a hangnail, a broken heart, or catatonic schizophrenia; with moms, one kiss and you're fine. - Robert G. Lee

I just love it when Hadley comes to me every time she finds a hang nail, saying "kiss, kiss, booboo, booboo." After a little kiss on her finger her furrowed brow melts away and off she toddles. I want to remember those tender moments forever. Take some time today to jot down the booboos that your children run to you with to kiss away. The beauty of scrapbooking is that we get to capture those precious little blessings. Here's a page that will help me remember the crazy smiles that Campbell has been throwing at me recently.

Journaling: April 9, 2009 I love you to pieces even if you try my patience by always making silly faces at my camera.  Sketch from Got Sketch?

Now on to today's gift idea. How about a journal for a girlfriend, your mom or even yourself? Add a few embellishments or a kind word or two inside and you've got a great gift.

Wednesday Gift Idea: An Embellished Journal

Realistically, we don't all have time to scrap, but we can take a few moments to jot down our thoughts or just a few notes about what happened during the day. 

I'll leave you today with a few favorite quotes about mothers.

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?  ~Milton Berle

Motherhood has a very humanizing effect.  Everything gets reduced to essentials.  ~Meryl Streep

Grown don't mean nothing to a mother.  A child is a child.  They get bigger, older, but grown?  What's that suppose to mean?  In my heart it don't mean a thing.  ~Toni Morrison, Beloved, 1987

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.  ~ Albert Einstein

Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.  ~ Lin Yutang

Over the years I have learned that motherhood is much like an austere religious order, the joining of which obligates one to relinquish all claims to personal possessions.  ~ Nancy Stahl

Windy

Products: I Love you pattered paper (Webster's Pages, Fancy Pants Designs), rub on (Scenic Route), flower & ribbon (Making Memories), chipboard (Basic Grey), flower & whispers (Prima), gems (Kaiser Scrapbooks)
You are Amazing patterned paper (Basic Grey, AC Cardstock, BoBunny), tulle (Bazzill), stamps (Technique Tuesday), gems (Hero Arts).

No comments: