Friday, April 30, 2010

Reasons for Mail... Send More Mother's Day Cards

Who do you send Mother's Day cards to? I usually hit my mom... my mother-in-law... my aunt.  This year I'm making a few extra cards to send to women (neighbors, moms from school, friends, etc.) who I think rock at being a mom... and I'm going to tell them that! Won't you join me?  So for this week's Reasons for Mail I challenge you to start making a few extra Mother's Day cards to share outside of the family;)
To create card:
1) cut card from white cardstock (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
2) adhere patterned papers to card
3) cut slits for ribbon, thread ribbon and tie bow
4) embellish bow with twine and button
5) stamp Mother's Day sentiment on inside of card

Hope you have a great Friday! I'll leave you with a little Mother Wisdom:)

The phrase "working mother" is redundant. - Jane Sellman

Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown. In my heart it don't mean a thing. - Toni Morrison

Children are the sum of what mothers contribute to their lives. - Unknown
Take care!


Products: patterned paper (Pink Paislee); ribbon (Michael's Crafts); button (LaMode); cardstock (The Paper Company)

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh Windy I just love your gorgeous cards, this one is magnificent, what a lovely bow and sentiment, I had to laugh re: school and the insane asylumn too, your mum will so love this card.

Anonymous said...

this is another gorgeous card. Love the colour and the beautiful bow and button. great idea for Mother's Day :)