Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Funky & Fresh Valentine's Day Garland...

... so I'm digging out all of my Valentine's and love projects to share with you (watch out it could be very pink around here in the next few weeks:)
... this one is a real cute, girly one since girls rule around my house... but you could adapt it to your home by simply changing the patterned paper and colors.


To Create Flower:
1) cut 4 strips of double sided patterned paper (1/2" x 8" each)
2) connect ends of each strip with Mini Glue Dot ® to form a ring
3) pinch each ring flat in center and punch hole in center of loop
4) attach loops together with a decorative brad
5) fan loops out to form flower

To Create Banner:
1) punch scalloped circles
2) punch circles and adhere letters to middle of circle
3) adhere circles to scalloped circles with Craft Glue Dots ®
4) punch holes on either side of letters
5) string together flowers and letters with twine


I'll be back with more soon! Happy Wednesday:)
Photobucket

Products: Patterned paper, brads (GCD Studios Homespun Chic collection by Melody Ross); Twine (California Craft on Etsy), adhesive (Craft & Mini Glue Dots ®)
This post was written while serving on Glue Dots ® and GCD Studios Design Teams.

2 comments:

Tessa Buys said...

Super cute! I'm not sure I could get away with those yummy colors at my house (being the only girl), but that design is fabulous!

Stella said...

I love all kinds of banners and this one is stunning. I love the design and the colors are gorgeous; my favorites :)