Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm a Cover Girl

I don't really like to toot my own horn, but I have to share this one because it makes me really excited!!!

Here it is...
...my first cover appearance on a Paper Crafts magazine... and a stamping issue to boot!!! Mine is the little beauty in green & white (but you probably could tell by the ribbon:). I almost didn't submit it because I was worried that it was too much green... lol. It just goes to show that you never know.

It is also ironic because over a year ago I wouldn't have considered myself a stamper.  But I made it a goal of mine to become "a stamper" and with a few classes at CKC, online tutorials and being inspired by seeing Tim Holtz at Stampaway USA, I think I can officially claim that title. Now don't get me wrong, I still only own about 7 colors of ink... and my patterned paper stash will always outweigh my stamps, but you can really do a lot with a few stamps and ink.

So if you are interested in giving your hand a try at stamping, Stamp It! Techniques is an issue not to miss... its like a little class in a book with beautiful examples and tutorials that all of us stampers AND non-stampers can try out from the comfort of our own home.

Take care & happy Thursday!

11 comments:

Justine said...

WOW I totally think you shoot "TOOT" away! Getting published is huge but the cover!!! Congratulations

Tessa Buys said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Congrats!

jen said...

I absolutely LOVE that card- it's one of my very faves from this issue!!! And TOOT away!!! That's a HUGE deal- not to mention the kajillion times your name is INSIDE!!!!! :) Congrats!

Renee said...

Oh, Windy, this is so exciting! I am so happy for you! Congrats and your card is beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Congrats... I'm so excited for you, and your card is of course gorgeous! I can't wait to get my inky hands on this magazine... I have so much to learn & I think this will be a good start for me!

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful new!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.comb

Rose said...

Congrats, Windy! That's so awesome!!!! Your card is Lovely :)

Mel said...

Wow this is great Windy, so well deserved, and bet in 12 months time the stamps v's paper situation may have turned around. lol Super congratulations. Melxx

Rae said...

Hi Windy, I would say your card definitely is a beauty! Big Congrats on the honor!

mow180 said...

Congratulations! A cover girl! How nice.

Gail L said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting for you!

luvthatstampin said...

I'm proud of you also! The card is beautiful. Whose punch is that!?