Sunday, February 14, 2010

Moxie Fab World Taintor-tude Challenge

Ok, so I hadn't planned on making a card for this one until yesterday when I happened to come across an old needle book in my sewing stash that was given to me by my mother-in-law when she found it at her mom's house. I have a reputation for liking old stuff. Anyway, I think this book is really cool  and the "Happy Home" brand with the women sitting around with their sewing notions in hand makes me chuckle. As soon as I saw it I knew that was my sign to get busy on this Moxie Fab Challenge...



This card is dedicated to Margaret Greiman, the original owner of this little sewing needle book (which is still full of mint condition needles... either she didn't use them much;) or those rust proof needles really do hold up over generations). Either way, I'm glad that they are now a part of my happy home.  Thanks Cath for providing this great challenge which brought them out of storage so I could share them with all of my Moxie Fab friends:)

I found the sentiment here and used two great papers from  Cosmo Cricket's new Material Girl Mini Deck... the colors are a perfect match to the palette of the book.

Thanks for visiting! I can't wait to hop around to see everyone else's sassy Taintor-tude cards!!!

Products: Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl Collection; sentiment from AnneTaintor.com

6 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Too fun ... love the look on that young girl's face.

Sara Henton said...

Love it! I can see us girlies saying that esp. after a shopping trip

itsallrosi said...

love it! and how cool that your MIL found the book and thought you'd like it.

Justine said...

So glad you left a comment on my blog so I could repay the visit. I LOVE your card, your blog and can't wait to see more. Wow I am really admiring the yummo polka dots for your blog layout, I kinda have a thing for DOTS

Angie Tieman said...

Awesome card!! That saying is TOO perfect with that great image! Love it! Thanks for the link with all those sayings too!

Unknown said...

Hey Windy! Thanks for entering the Taintor-tude Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)