Friday, February 19, 2010

Reasons for Mail... A Little Note Left Behind

Hello Friday! How did you get here so fast?

I've been working on the girl's scrapbooks lately and I love to stick little cards or notes in it along the way that they can find and open later in their life. So this week's Reasons for Mail is to leave a little note behind that someone will find later. Find a great quote and let it be your inspiration for what you leave in your note or card.

Inside this card, I will write a little message to my daughter to reminder her of the endless happiness and joy that she finds daily in her 2 year old world... and how much that means to me as her mother. I hope she continues to find the happy and good in life as easily as she does now.

To create this card:
1) a. cut card from kraft and adhere patterned paper that is cut slightly smaller than card  b. sew around edge of paper with a small zig zag stitch
2) adhere strip of striped patterned paper to card and embellish with pearls
3) tie on bow and embellish with button & crystal pins
4) adhere sentiment card with pop dots

Products used:
Patterned paper: Artsy Urban Collection: Green Bird (back) & Homespun Chic: Pink Redwork (back) by GCD Studios
Ribbon: 1 1/2 in Sparkle Satin Fuchsia Ribbon by Wrights
Other: Homespun Chic Collection: Inspiration Cards & Vintage Buttons; Hot Pink Pearls by Mark Richards USA; Vintage Findings Gem Pins by Making Memories

And a layout that I just couldn't help making with all of the beautiful goodies on my desk... (thus the reason for the name of my blog... if I make one, I usually make the other...)

The card to the right of the photo reads: "I have been absolutely terrified every moment of my life, but I have never let it keep me from doing a single thing, that I have wanted to do." - Georgia O'Keeffe


Don't you just love great quotes? I find so much inspiration in them... and hope you have enjoyed stopping by today. Have a wonderful weekend!



Products:Patterned paper: (Artsy Urban Collection: Book Page; Homespun Chic: Pink Redwork, Petit Blossoms, Vintage Sewing Patterns) GCD Studios; Ribbon: (1 1/2 in sparkle satin fuchsia) Wrights; Other: (Artsy Urban Die Cut Borders, Homespun Chic Inspiration Cards & Vintage Buttons) GCD Studios; Flowers: (Fairytale Roses Orchid) Prima; Fibers: (Black & White Bakers Twine) Knit it Up; Tool: (Large Scallop Border Punch) EK success

3 comments:

marley said...

these are gorgeous, that ribbon is just beautiful!! and that quote is great!

Mel said...

I just love the whole concept of what your doing, that ribbon you have folded and then sewed on is truly divine and your daughter is going to so cherish that card for future. Love Melxxx

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic card! So much detail. So beautiful.